Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Life Lesson #5...Really Listen To People

God gave us TWO ears and ONE mouth...

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill



This is a lesson that is a lot easier said than done, especially for me. I am a talker. I could probably have a conversation about any topic in this world. I was very good in speech class because I have no problem with speaking. I often forget that I also need to listen to others. I have been working on this more lately, but it is a very hard thing for me to do.

In order to truly listen to others, don't think about what you are going to say next. I think this is the most common error people make. They are so worried about keeping the conversation going that they don't really hear what the other person is saying to them. Just take a moment each day to truly listen to what someone is saying to you and you might just learn something!!

I appreciate all comments and feedback. It would be great if you would follow my blog!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment