Monday, January 24, 2011

Military Songs...Sure to Make You Proud!

Good evening readers. When my husband was in Iraq the first time, I would search the web for all things military related. I always loved to hear any songs about military life and so I am making a list for all of you. These songs may make you laugh...or cry, but I hope you enjoy them. I was putting the videos on here so you could watch them, but it was too much to have loading at once. If you type these in youtube, the videos will come up :)

1. American Soldier- Toby Keith
What person associated with the Armed Forces can't love this song? This is a great one for wives, husbands, soldiers, children and all family alike.


2.Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue- Toby Keith
What can I say? The man can sing a good military song. This song is excellent. It makes you proud to be an
American.


3. Letters from War- Mark Schultz
Ladies, this one is sure to make you cry. It has a happy ending though. This is one of my favorites, I would listen to it whenever I needed a good cry.


4. Bumper of My SUV- Chely Wright
This song reminds us how narrow minded some people can be. It is a reminder that not everyone supports our troops and that is sad. It is a wonderful song!


5. I'm Already There- Lonestar
A reminder that no matter where your soldier may be, he is always in your heart.


6. Soldiers and Jesus- James Otto
This is one of my personal favorites. I absolutely love this song and completely agree with it. If there is one song you should listen to, it is definitely this one.


7. A Soldier's Wife- Roxie Dean
She sings a lot of truths about being a military wife. It's a hard life and it takes a special woman to be married to a soldier.


8. Sleeping with the Telephone- Reba McIntyre & Faith Hill
This is a new one for me. It is not one of the best ones in my opinion, but still good.


9. Just a Dream- Carrie Underwood
This is another one that will make you cry. I remember the first time I heard it, on my way to work. I was crying so hard by the time I got there. This is every military spouses worst nightmare.


10. Letters from Home- John Michael Montgomery
This is another good one. If you know anyone deployed, you should keep in touch. They need all the support from home they can get :)


There are a million more I could put on here, but that is enough for now. I will have future posts with more military songs on them. If you have any to suggest just let me know and I will include them in the next one. I appreciate any and all comments. It would be great if you wanted to follow my blog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment