Friday, February 11, 2011

How to get Incredible Lashes

Ladies,

We all want them, we all strive to get them, but few of us actually achieve greatness. What is this you may ask? Incredible, show-stopping, thick, long lashes.



Well I have a few tricks up my sleeve and I am going to share those with you.

1. First and foremost...always curl your lashes! I know a lot of ladies who skip this step, but trust me, it makes a difference.

Here's a little tip you may not know: Get your blow dryer out and warm up your eyelash curler before using it. (Make sure it is not so hot it burns you!) Then curl your lashes. Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference when it is heated up.

Another little trick with the curler...don't just curl by the base of the lashes. Start there, then slowly move up the lashes and curl as you go. This will put an even more dramatic curl to them.

2. Now this second tip can get a little dangerous if you aren't careful. I keep a needle in my bathroom (yes a needle) and when I apply my mascara, I take that needle and separate any clumps in my lashes. It works way better than any eyelash comb and you can target individual problem spots. So if you try this, be VERY careful. I don't want you poking your eye out! If you try this, you will never have clumpy lashes again.


3. Line your lids. I actually line the inside of my eyelids as well as outside. It makes your lashes look fuller. If you don't like the idea of lining the inside, at least do it by your lash line. It will help to fill in any bare spots and make your eyes pop!


4. Should you believe all the new products out there saying they actually make your lashes grow? Maybe. I am just going to say try it for yourself. I used one that I bought off of a shopping network and it worked ok. I think it just mostly conditioned by lashes, but didn't necessarily make them grow. That was a year or two ago, so they may work better now.


5. I did recently use the mascara called Lash Accelerator. It actually did a decent job. I prefer other mascara because I like more drama to my lashes than that gave me, but I would recommend it. I noticed a little growth to my lashes, so I would say use it during the work week, then use something that has a little more kick to it on the weekend.


6. Ok, so I have to mention false eyelashes on here. I don't use them myself so I have no input on this subject. I tried them once and it just didn't work out for me. I would love some feedback from anyone who does use them though. If you have any tips about how to apply them, just comment below!


7. Another little tip of mine: Apply your mascara and then before it has a chance to dry, apply another coat. This just makes them look like they have a little more volume.

So that concludes my eyelash tips for now. In the future I will also blog about different mascaras that I have tried. (I have tried just about all of them). If you have any comments or questions just let me know!

You should check my blog in the future...you never know what you might read!

No comments:

Post a Comment