Monday, February 7, 2011

What to do with My Life?

The more days that fly by me, the more I realize I am in the wrong profession. I used to like my job...about 3 years ago. I know everyone gets asked this question when they are growing up, What do you want to be when you grow up?



How many people can actually answer this question? I am 23-years-old and I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up". In all actuality, I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I was a kid. I wanted to be a singer. I love music and lyrics, I just can't hold a tune to save my life haha. So what do you do when your life's dream is stomped out by your own lack of talent?

In my case you become an insurance agent.

It was one of those jobs that just sort of happen to you, and then you can't get out. I have all kinds of things that I would LIKE to do, but the real question is...what will pay the bills? When you are a kid they don't tell you things like paying the utilities or the mortgage payments every month. They say you can be whatever you want, but that is a lie.

I would really like to be a bartender. First of all, you gotta know how to make the drinks. (If it ain't a shot, I most likely don't know how to make it.) Second of all, it's gotta pay the bills, and I am pretty sure that it won't. Lastly, my husband 100% does not approve. So that's a big NO to that lol.



So I have posted before that I am in medical transcription school. Okay, well actually I haven't worked on it in a few months, so I guess it doesn't count anymore. Side note: Online schooling is a bad idea, with no deadlines why would you ever wanna work on it? So I think this could be a promising career choice for the simple fact that I could stay home and work. The more I think about it, the more I think I would be bored to death with it. I mean typing for 8 hours straight? No thanks.

 <-----Looks boring right?

I think I am like everyone else in this world, I just want to do something I like. How many people do you think end up in jobs they actually enjoy? I would say not very many. I would like to be a stay at home mom some day. The only problem with that is, we can't afford that option! So what does that leave me with? A whole lotta things that I would rather not do. I always wanted to be a gymnast, ice skater or singer when I was growing up. Since I have absolutely no talent in any of those...for the meantime I am stuck in my mediocre job.

My question to you is: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did it come true?

I love any comments and it would be super fantastic if you follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment